Thursday 4 February 2016

CONSTRUCTION: TRAILER

Trailer

An important distribution technique that many Hollywood films use is creating a trailertrailer or preview is an advertisement or a commercial for a feature film that will be exhibited in the future at a cinema.                                                               

I have researched this method and firstly began using it in order to intrigue and interest my audience. I began to do this by uploading very short 15-second videos of small footage of the film onto our Instagram page. Instead of trailers I have been calling them "Spoilers". I have noticed, that spoilers are very popular in regards to the media industry- especially for music videos and songs. spoiler is an element of a summary or description of any piece of fiction that reveals any plot elements which possibly can give away important details concerning the turn of events of a dramatic episode, they can create a buzz and also interest other audiences.

Madison Beer, a young female singer, uploaded a spoiler onto her Twitter account of her new single which was being released untitled "Something Sweet". The short 4- second video gave a very brief visual of the music video and song. Madison used the hashtag "#SomethingSweet2days" alongside this which also helped to create the buzz and allow followers to get involved. This extremely short clip gained 6,864 retweets, allowing followers to share there excitement and show other peers. Followers replied to this clip with comments such as "IM SO EXCITED NOW!", "Everyone tweet #SomethingSweet2days to get it trending!" and "such a good tease, all my friends must see this!". This spoiler shared on twitter, a free media platform, defiantly created a buzz and widened Madison's initial audience. 



A trailer of a similar genre of my film I have been researching has been Wild ChildThe trailer is fast moving, and gives a brief outline of the storyline and plot. The music and general feel of the trailer is similar to the film itself, with an upbeat rhythm. In the background, there is a voice- over with catchy one liners which help to similarly intrigue the audience. For my short film, Dreaming Daisy I have also created a small trailer. I will upload this link to my twitter and Facebook profile and also create a QR code that I will upload to Instagram, linking the audience to the trailer.

Here is my trailer-


In order to create synergy, I have created the trailer in a scrap-book like formation and also used small images which link with various dreams Daisy wishes to complete.





I have also created a QR code which will link to my trailer.  I have Instagrammed the QR code so it is easily accessible for my audience. I have created the hashtag "#dreamingdaisysoon" to also help create a buzz alongside the release of the trailer.


1 comment:

  1. Excellent: his is wonderful, Eliza! I am so impressed with your trailer: the use of the 'exercise book'style intertitles, the pace of the edit, the little hand drawn sketches. Your linking of the trailer to the other parts of the production such as the poster and Instagram demonstrates an excellent grasp of production practices.

    ReplyDelete