Monday 7 December 2015

PLANNING: PHOTOSHOP

Photoshop

After researching all of the film posters and taking the still shots of the photo I desired, I went straight to work familiarising myself with a software I haven't used much before, Photoshop. I tried my best to make sure the bright and young feel of the poster was executed well, and experimented using different colours and backgrounds, and images which I felt related to the age and personality of not only the character but also the desired audience. I found pros and cons of photoshop, and though I do hope to use it in my final film poster, I will also research and experiment using a different software.

PROS: Easy to import images, easy to change background, easy to move the image, easy to revert back mistakes.

CONS: Hard to erase the background successfully, hard to write with different fonts.

2 comments:

  1. In Photoshop, you can import any font that you require: ask me. I agree that merging layers and erasing background requires patience. Excellent first draft: it seems to me that the pop art quality would work well with your genre. How are you getting on with your research into Peter Blake and Sergeant Pepper artwork?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done a blog post into Peter Blake and Sergeant Pepper artwork here: http://elizamediaa2.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/planning-further-film-poster-research.html

      Thank you for your comments :)

      Delete