Wednesday 6 January 2016

CONSTRUCTION: INTERROGATING YOUR CHARACTER

Interrogating your character

Through researching many different short films, I feel that due to the film being an average of 5 minutes it can sometimes be hard to engage with a character, and I feel the connection between the audience and character/actor is vital. In my short film, "Dreaming Daisy", I want to insure the audience feel a connection with Daisy herself, and feel likewise involved with the plots and twists.

On the FilmEscape website, they have a whole article about how to interest your audience with your character in such a short space of time and making sure your characters are interesting and have depth.


Due to this I have made sure I have developed my main character, Daisy's backstory by creating some key questions I feel are important and hot seating her: an idea from FilmsScape.

1. What are your main hopes and aspirations in life?
2. What 3 qualities would you use to describe yourself?
3. What 3 qualities do you look for in a friend?
4. Whats the most challenging thing you have had to overcome?
5.What makes you happiest?



No comments:

Post a Comment