Thursday 7 January 2016

PLANNING: FURTHER FILM POSTER RESEARCH

Further film poster research

When I was analysing similar genre and market audience film posters, I was inspired particularly by the "Angus, thongs and perfect snogging" design. I started looking at other media posters that have this same style.

I discovered Natalie Rudd's book which opens on Peter Blake (2003 Tate Publishing) with an acknowledgement of how "many people know his famous design for the cover of The Beatles' Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club". This was a very famous and renowned cover, leading me to further wondering how I can add this effect on my own poster.



I have collaged both poster/covers together to get a closer look to see similarities that work in which I can carry forward. The variety of colour in both makes it eye-catching and underpins a young, relaxed vibe, which would perfectly complement the audience of my short film. Another feature that I believe works well in both is the use of more than one face/character. I think this is a very hard to make work effectively as often it can look crowded and distract from the main messages of the poster itself. Because of this, I will have to try different concepts of integrating other characters into my poster, and be accepting if this doesn't look as good.

After further film poster research today, I will continue trying various softwares to demonstrate my influence of both these posters in my short films.

No comments:

Post a Comment